GDSatcom 9.2m Ka-band Extended Azimuth Earth Station Antenna
Perhaps you're interested in this alternative product:
Large diameter Ka-band antennas require unique design criteria which General Dynamcis SATCOM Technologies (GDSatcom) has successfully demonstrated with both the 9.2 and 13.2m products. Items such as reflector surface accuracy, antenna/ feed design, structural antenna stiffness and integrity, thermal effects, anti-icing, HPA phase combining, mono-pulse tracking, installation and alignments and hub integration all require special engineering expertise at Ka-band.
SATCOM Technologies has proven their expertise in the above areas and has earned the position as a preferred antenna system provider and integrator to a number of major satellite broadcasting companies by providing in excess of fifty systems of this type over the past five years alone.
- Precision Ka-band rated surface reflector with counterweights
- High-stiffness turntable-bearing
- DC motor jackscrew drive in elevation
- Dual DC motor gear-pinion drive with mechanical anti-backlash in azimuth
- Access stairway and large work platform for ease of maintenance
- 2ft diameter hub with 5ft roll up access door
- Housing for up to eight high power amplifiers (HPA’s)
- HPA mounting via slide mounts and a mechanical de-weighting mechanism allows for easy maintenance and replacement
- Up and down converter integration providing a wideband L-band interface
- Easily accessible test and monitor points
- Strategically placed handles and storage to allow easy and safe access to hub
- Phase/power combined HPA design capability
- Power meter sensing of TX power capability
- Transmit signal block downconverters to allow spectrum monitoring at L-band in the control building.
- Complete M&C capability for monitoring and control of all hub components.
- Hub and antenna mounted electrical outlets and lighting
- Lightning protection
- Temperature monitoring
- Redundant two channel mono-pulse tracking system
- Redundant HVAC systems for hub and pedestal
- Broadband Gateways
- High-Power Uplinks