Andrew 5.6m Satellite Antenna installed at Hellas-Sat Teleport on Cyprus.
Andrew 5.6m Satellite Antenna installed at Hellas-Sat Teleport on Cyprus
Andrew Corporation was the owner of Andrew Satellite Communications business and in 2001 formed into ASC Signal Corporation that was acquired by CPI in September 2015. ASC Signal was integrated into the CPI Antenna Systems Division as of 2017 when in 2020 the ASC Signal Antenna division was sold to Kratos Defense & Security. CPI had acquired GDSatcom Technologies in 2019, but the U.S. Justice Department required CPI to divest its ASC Signal Division since there would be a monopoly on the antenna business in the USA.
Skybrokers offers for over 10 years Andrew Satellite Earth Station Antennas, new as well as used. We can provide turnkey solutions, refurbishment and upgrades. We supported several clients with new and used antennas, such as the Andrew 3.7m, Andrew 4.5m and Andrew 4.6m, Andrew 5.6m, Andrew 7.3m, Andrew 7.6m and Andrew 9.3m.
In 1937, Victor J. ‘Doc’ Andrew founded a company near Midway Airport inn Chicago that made radio-broadcasting equipment. During World War II, the company broadened its product line, manufacturing communications gear and cable for the military. After the war, Andrew made antennas, cables, and connectors.
In 1953, six years after it was incorporated, Andrew moved its headquarters and some production to suburban Orland Park. The expansion of the telecommunications industry in the 1980’s drove growth at Andrew, which saw annual sales rise to over 800 million USD by the end of the 1990’s. By that time, Andrew had become an international corporation with about 2,000 employees in the Chicago area and over 4,500 worldwide.