Newtec IP Satellite Modulator EL170
|Condition:||Used and tested|
The Newtec EL170 is a state-of-the-art satellite modulator designed for IP applications over satellite in full compliance with the DVB-standards. As a real IP-product, this modulator performs IP-processing functions such as packet filtering, routing and encapsulation. Depending on the applications and the activated features, the EL170 can be used in conjunction with consumer satellite IP receiving devices, professional IP-receivers such as the EL940, or professional satellite IP demodulators such as the EL970.
The EL170 offers a dual auto-switching Gigabit Ethernet interface and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The incoming IP packets can be filtered using e.g. VLAN or MAC addresses, transmitted transparently (data piping mode) or routed to several receiving points and destination addresses. Several routing and addressing mechanisms can be used and even combined:
- Routing to the MAC address of the IP-receivers, using Multi- Protocol (MPE) or Ultra Light (ULE) encapsulation, or with the more efficient Extended Performance (XPE) or Generic Stream (GSE) Encapsulation.
- Addressing using several PIDs (MPE or ULE only)
- Addressing using several stream identifiers (with the DVB-S2 Multistream mode)
With the Variable Coding and Modulation (VCM) option, the modulator allows each stream to be transmitted with its own set of modulation parameters.
At the output of the modulator, the signal is available on an L-band interface. Extended L-band, IF-band as well as BUC-power supply and reference frequency are available as configuration options, providing a compact and cost effective solution.
For maximum bandwidth efficiency, the EL170 can also be used in Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) mode, modifying the modulation parameters dynamically in function of the link conditions. The optional Base-Band Frame input option allows the EL170 to work with the external Shaper, Encapsulator and FlexACM controller EL860 in point-to-multipoint configurations.
When activated, the unique linear and non- linear predistortion option EqualinkTM provides an additional link margin improvement of up to 2dB, truly unleashing the full efficiency of higher modulation schemes such as 16 and 32 APSK.
Combining new innovative features and advanced data encapsulations protocols with DVB-S2 technology, the EL170 ensures the highest bandwidth efficiency available on the market.
- DVB-S2 and DVB-DSNG/S compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- XPE, GSE, ULE, MPE, data piping, encapsulation
- Data rates up to 133 Mbit/s
- L-band monitoring output
- Programmable amplitude slope equalizer
- DVB-S2 Multistream
- Switchable BUC power-supply on L-band output
- Optional Extended L-band
- Optional VCM and ACM operation (FlexACM)
- Optional 10 MHz reference input/output
- Optional Linear and non-linear predistortion (Equalink)
- Optional AES encryption
- Lower operational costs thanks to highest bandwidth efficiency and lowest IP encapsulation overhead
- Easy integration with terrestrial IP networks and routers
- High versatility and flexibility
- Secure and encrypted satellite transmissions
- IP trunking and backbone
- Corporate networks
- Primary distribution of IPTV
- Backhauling for cellular networks
- Content distribution for digital signage and digital cinema
Unit will be tested prior to shipping and comes with 90-day warranty.